Updated: Jun 28, 2020
Without sleep, you will not be able to function properly.
Sleep helps us to:
1. Recharge - physically and psychologically
2. Heal Ourselves - helps your tissues grow and regenerate and converse energy.
3. Increase Energy Levels - to cope with the demands of each day, feeling relaxed and being able to think and work at a top efficiency.
4. Concentrate - sleep helps you to consolidate memories, which helps with learning. When sleep is disrupted, short-term memory can fail as well as the ability to acquire new skills.
5. Be Happier - sleep deals with stress, with little sleep you can become irritable.
6. Increase our Immune System - while you sleep your body secretes chemicals that boosts your immunity. People who are ill tend to require more sleep than usual.
7. Reduce Stress - lowers your blood pressure and heart rate. Stress is linked to sleep deprivation.